Business Development Manager (East) – Rainbow Dust
Closing date for applications: 22 February 2019
Rainbow Dust Colours is a sister company to Renshaw and part of the Real Good Food business. We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the Rainbow Dust team. Reporting to the Key Account Manager the purpose of the role is to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded by developing the business within existing accounts specifically in the East of the UK
Other responsibilities include:
- Proactively target new business and continuously strive to develop sales growth to meet the overall company goals
- To ensure customer satisfaction and deliver excellent customer service; this will be achieved by both face to face meetings and telephone contact where appropriate.
- Implement agreed sales initiatives identified by the Company to increase sales and further improve the profile of the brand.
- Proactively manage agreed customer base and target for growth.
- Proactively target new business opportunities, sourcing new leads.
- To effectively manage costs related to BDM activities in order to meet agreed sales budget expenditure targets and margin expectation.
- Proactively monitor customer sales vs pricing and credit limits, implement the appropriate course of action.
- Selectively undertake market research from customers and other external resource to support the Product Manager.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess the following attributes:-
- Proven experience in an FMCG field-based sales role, or knowledge of he industry with an ambition to develop into a sales role.
- Excellent customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Customer and people focused with a positive attitude and commitment to delivering.
- Professional team player who is organised and punctual displaying a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Responsible and conscientious.
- A team player but equally motivated and competent to self-manage and prioritise.
- Able to manage a varied workload, balancing admin requirements whilst working “out in the field”.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets whilst working calmly under pressure.
The role will require 1-2 nights away from home each work, and candidates should be within easy commute to both the South-East and North-East of the UK.