Credit Controller – J F Renshaw
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2019
We have an opportunity for a Credit Controller to join the Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Management Accounts, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing the collection of debts from debtors, prioritising where debts are overdue.
- Daily review and update of the ledger with cash received.
- Working closely with customers and the Customer Service team to limit accounts being placed on hold and impacting on orders.
- Ensuring all balances on the systems are updated in line with Credit Insurer balances.
- Manage the day to day relationship with the credit insurers and highlight any changes to credit insurance immediately to the FD and Head of Management Accounts.
- Reporting weekly to the Commercial and Customer Services teams on unresolved queries with the intention to update progress or chase for resolution.
- Sending out monthly customer statements and copy invoices as required.
- Ensuring all new customers have adequate credit checks and are processed for credit insurance acceptance, flagging any queries or deviations with the Head of Management Accounts / FD.
- Month end reconciliation of the creditor balance sheets.
- Providing sales ledger information to departments.
- Supporting and assisting with audits, both internal and external.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess the following qualifications & attributes:
- Enthusiastic, bright individual, preferably working towards or qualified member of ICM/AAT.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Experience of working in the finance function of a manufacturing organisation.
- Hands on experience of credit control, a good communicator both written and orally with the ability to work proactively and see things through to resolution.
- Experience of using the AS 400 system is preferable but not essential.
- Polite, professional team player who is, organised and punctual displaying a ‘can- do’ attitude.
Should you be interested in applying for this role please contact the HR Department for a full job description.